Added remote capability to virtnbdbackup
Latest virtnbdbackup version now supports backing up remote libvirt hosts, too. No installation on the hypervisor required anymore:
Same applies for restore operations, other enhancements are:
- New backup mode auto which allows easy backup rotation.
- Option to freeze only specific filesystems within backed up domain.
- Remote backup via dedicated network: use
--nbd-ipto bind the remote NDB service to an specific interface.
- If virtual machine requires additional files like specific UEFI/Kernel image, these are saved via SFTP from the remote host, too.
- Restore operation can now adjust domain config accordingly (and redefine it if desired).
Next up: add TLS support for remote NBD connections.
Written on July 26, 2022